Eye Q Optometry is Open & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- Walk in appointments are now welcomed.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire the day before arrival at the practice (by phone or via the online intake form).
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision; then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Face masks are optional but highly encouraged.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic, and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- We have an area in front of the building to offer curbside pick up and drop off.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been removed at the front check-in desk.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination room are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touchpoints” within the clinic, such as doorknobs, counters, keyboards, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc., and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.